The Unoffcial Apple Weblog is offering a contest where if you link to ten of their stories, you might win some sort of trendy music player. In spite of the fact that no mention is made of how this contest will be judged, allow me to prostitute my blog for the benefit of their pagerank:
- Occasionally, they cover software choices of pundits you’ve never heard of. Reminds me of my own software recommendations.
- TUAW questions the voices of prophets from time to time. So do I.
- We are also both concerned with noise, though I worry more about indoor silence.
- TUAW tries to be humorous. This TUAW story has a lot in common with one of my own blog entries, in that neither of them is funny.
- I like when they hail evolution. I do so love evolution.
- While their coverage of a nice recipe program was typically fluffy, it made me appreciate having a superior wife than the one mentioned in the story, who lets me do stuff like this.
- Some of their unnecessary editorialization and personal sharing I genuinely agree with.
- We also have similar taste in radio.
- Every once in a while, TUAW offers a pointless contest. So do I.
- Obviously their best story because it links back to me. Well, almost. It actually links to Engadget, who link back to me. That TUAW decided to route through a sister site for no reason doubtless tells you all you need to know about their journalistic integrity.
Update: Shockingly, this didn’t win.
Update 11 Oct 2006: Not long after this contest completed, the post announcing the contest vanished. Over the intervening time, I sent some queries to TUAW about this but never got a reply.